Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Wesley!

Wesley turned 1 on December 20th and so we threw him a party about a week before. Here are some of the highlights!

His dinosaur birthday cake that I poured my heart and soul into:)....totally worth it by the way!
Mmmmm yummy cupcakes!! My cousin Allison gave me some great tips when making them. Thanks again Allison, they were delicious!
Jelly filled ones too!
Presents! Unfortunately Wesely was cutting a tooth the day of his party so we had to do things out of order because he was a bit grumpy. Presents, then cake. I guess it was his party.
More presents!

Wesley was NOT shy about digging into that cake! What a boy!
Mmmm oh SO good!
The after math (poor dino)
These next couple of pics were taken on his real birthday.
We gave him a puzzle, he has seemed to like it. Probably not his favorite toy, but I think it will be good for him as he gets a little older. He can take them out, I guess that's a start.
Great Grandma Maggie gave him this molding kit for his birthday so we immortalized his handprints:) He seemed to like it.
Since we had already given him a very sugar-filled cake at his party, we decided to make some healthy homemade blueberry muffins for his birthday. He didn't mind!
Happy 1st Birthday my little man!!

4 comments:

Tiana Smith said...

So cute! Wish we could have been there - your cake looks fantastic!

Danielle said...

Your hard work paid off, because it looks like he devoured that cake! I'm glad he had a good birthday :)

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

Good job on the cake. I just made a horse cake that I will be putting on my blog in a few days. I love making cakes for my kids. I hope to see you at the family book club sometime. Take Care. Stacy

Allison Holmes said...

Ok so obviously I haven't blogged recently!! THe cake was sooo cute! You did such a good job! THe cupcake too Im glad they turned out well :)