Sunday, August 24, 2008

Good times at the Chelsea Fair

This weekend we decided to mingle with some of the locals at the Chelsea Community Fair. Chelsea is a quaint little town near Ann Arbor and the home of actor Jeff Daniels. The fair was good times and we enjoyed getting away from the intellectuals of Ann Arbor and spending time with a crowd that's a little more down-to-earth.
The fair had everything you could want including rides, food, and farm animals. Who knows what the deal was with these ducks... George Washington called, he wants his hair back.
One of the highlights of the night was eating a 2 lb banana split while we watched renowned tractors such as "Fat Bottomed Girl" compete in the tractor pull. These hot rod tractors were actually pretty entertaining to watch as they did wheelies and spewed mud at observers behind them. Overall, a great date night and a chance to reconnect with our roots.

4 comments:

Allison Holmes said...

Didn't know you guys had a blog too! Yeay! Ill add you to my page. Miss you guys!

Michigan Madsens said...

Love the ducks!!

Donna

Jared & Shannon said...

How fun! I got the link to your blog from Megan Hallam's blog page. I'll be sure to invite you to my blog page too!

Rachel Kirk said...

Hey it's me Rachel. How are ya? I found you from allison. You look great! Married and lovin it huh! You can see my fam at my blog kirkkorner.blogspot.com