Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008

Welcome to Halloween 2008. This is a special Halloween because it is our first together (last Halloween we were thousands of miles apart). This first picture is us at the ward Halloween party. For those of you who don't know, Candice loves Halloween - especially the dressing up part. We got to the church and none of the other adults were dressed up. OK, at least that's what it felt like at first. We ended up having a really good time and no, I am not supposed to be Jack Sparrow. I am a much manlier pirate and Candice is my gypsy sidekick.
Our first time carving pumpkins together, so adorable.
The pumpkin designs we used ended up being much harder than we thought they would be. We spent a couple of hours on them. Candice did an awesome job with the three dancing ghosts...(Candice speaking) Well, I think I looked like a ghost by the end of the night, I was so tired.
I have to say I'm pretty proud of my pumpkin. It wasn't easy to carve out the wolves or the tree. Let's just forget about the tree branch that was supposed to be above the wolves until it decided to break off when I brushed my finger against it.
Yesterday we went for a nice stroll around beautiful Ford Lake with a couple of public health student friends from the ward. There were bridges and paths all along the lake and some fall leaves still on the trees. These trees were especially stunning. Michigan is starting to grow on us.

2 comments:

Barney Lund said...

Great post. Nice wolves. Sorry about the football team out there. Anyway, I guess you found other good things about Michigan. :)

I need to get a-bloggin.

Allison Holmes said...

LOL Love your pumpkins!!! I don't have enough patience to get through one. Your costumes are fab-u-lous! Don't you hate it when no one else dresses up?? Been there - but it always turns out fun!